Saturday, August 18, 2018

Why you MUST fail...? || Let's CLAPBACK !!!


The first time I tried to windsurf, I was horrible: I fell in every possible way. Maintaining balance was a constant struggle. I couldn’t move, or steer, so I was at the mercy of the wind. I drank gallons of nasty lake water I also learned a ton about what not to do, as well as how to deconstruct the process into smaller subskills. Fourty -five minutes of temporary frustration accelerated the rest of my learning considerably . By failing fast, and laughing off your early mistakes, you’ll be able to learn much more per unit of time. You are strong enough to handle a few mistakes, so get out there and try.

"It’s useful to jump in as quickly as possible, even if you’re horrible at first. Your early failures give you useful feedback about what’s really important."

It is always said that we should focus on failure stories rather than success stories and then we come to know about the mistakes we should avoid and experience about the practical world complexity. We should learn from every failure of ours and convert it into learning and grow yourself .

Many skills have safety considerations, which should always be taken into account. Windsurfing, for example, carries the risk of drowning, injury, and hypothermia. Securing a good helmet and wetsuit was necessary to alleviate these risks.I wouldn’t recommend jumping into an airplane as a beginner, starting the engine, and attempting to take off without a significant level of training. “Failing fast” doing something that could injure or kill you is just stupid: better to spend a few hours in a flight simulator instead. Identify the major risks, then prevent, minimize, or mitigate them. Define what you don’t want, then work to prevent those things from happening.

Practice by the clock in short bursts
You don’t have to set aside huge blocks of time to practice every day: an hour or so is fine. Splitting that block of time into smaller chunks—15 to 20 minutes—helps you maintain focus as you practice. Focusing for 20 minutes is way easier than focusing for eight hours at a stretch.

This practice strategy makes it easier to get started—“it’s only 20 minutes!”—and easier to  track how much time you’ve invested.

Using a simple countdown timer to track your practice is essential—the human brain isn’t very good at estimating time. Set the timer, and practice until it goes off—no distractions. Take a short break, then repeat. Unplug your TV. Disconnect your internet.  Put away the games. Set aside the frivolous time sinks. I’m not a luddite or puritan—I’m not  about to say that these things aren’t fun or worthwhile every now and then. My recommendation  is based on simple math: minutes spent doing these things are minutes you’re not spending improving your prime skill.

If you feel that you have more than enough time to watch TV or play video games AND put it your practice time, then fantastic. otherwise, something has to give—I recommend eliminating the TV time.Time is not “found,” in the sense of discovering some bonus block of extra time, like finding  a misplaced $20 bill in your coat pocket.If you want to get better at whatever you care about, you must make time for practice: there  is no other way. That means choosing not to do other things, and the easiest things to eliminate are the activities that provide the least value.It’s tempting to think of these sorts of schedule rearrangements as making a “sacrifice.”  It’s actually quite the contrary: you’re trading a cheap amusement for a more valuable, long- term treasure.


In the same way you wouldn’t hesitate to trade a dime for a dollar, you can choose to stop spending so much time on disposable activities, and start spending that time building skills  that you find deeply meaningful.It’s your choice.

The only time you can choose to practice is TODAY
                                         
“At every moment of every day I must decide what I am going to do the next moment;  and no one can make this decision for me, or take my place in this.” 

Here’s a simple truth: the only time you can choose to practice is today.Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not next month or next year. Today.

When you wake up in the morning, you have a choice. You can choose to invest your time acquiring skills that will make your life more successful, enjoyable, and rewarding…  or you can squander your time doing something else.

You have to decide what you have to become and what you have to choose between your comfort level or struggling but fruitful resulting life. Do not wait a single sec of yours , realize your importance. Start doing things for yourself because its only you who can make a change in your own life.

What will you do today?
So for achieving a CLAPBACK , you have to start making a change in your own self and to prove your worth to yourself and others .
Keep learning and keep progressing !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment